[Xastir] Ubuntu 6.06 Boostrap

Jeremy Utley jerutley at gmail.com
Thu Nov 2 00:14:50 EST 2006

On 11/1/06, Darryl Gibson <n2diy at losch.net> wrote:
> Hi Gang,
>
> I checked out the latest CVS, and here are the results.
>
> My apologies if this looks like deja-vu, it is, this is the same problem
> I had with Ubuntu 5.10. But this is a different box, with a fresh
> install on it.
>
> I'd consult the original replies to my 5.10 problem, but that box has
> been retired.
>
> The check out went fine, no troubles reported.
>
> darryl at Chatto:~/xastir$ ./bootstrap.sh
>      6) Removing autom4te.cache directory...
>      5) Running aclocal...
> ./bootstrap.sh: line 16: aclocal: command not found
>      4) Running autoheader...
> ./bootstrap.sh: line 19: autoheader: command not found
>      3) Running autoconf...
> ./bootstrap.sh: line 22: autoconf: command not found
>      2) Running automake...
> ./bootstrap.sh: line 26: automake: command not found
>      1) Checking for 'mkinstalldirs'... Not Found
>         Attempting to copy it from system directories'
> ***ERROR: Couldn't copy the file***
> Bootstrap complete.
> darryl at Chatto:~/xastir$

Was this a bare install of Ubuntu, without anything added?  It looks
like you're nowhere near close to having a proper build environment -
remember that Ubuntu is a desktop distribution, and does not install
software development tools by default.  A good start would be to do a
sudo apt-get install build-essential - that will pull in all the base
tools you'll need to be able to compile things.

Jeremy