[Xastir] Ubuntu 6.06 Boostrap

Darryl Gibson n2diy at losch.net
Fri Nov 3 05:25:15 EST 2006

Jeremy Utley wrote:

> You're going to have a whole lot more -devel packages you're going to
> have to end up grabbing before you get a successful compile, I'll warn
> you of that - I think my last attempt to compile xastir on Ubuntu
> (which was on breezy) required me to pull build-essentials, as well as
> about 20 or so extra -devel packages.

Roger that, no I recall someone posted all the needed steps to do the
install. I even printed it out and followed it step by step, but can I
find it now? Of course not.

> I highly recommend you document the things you have to install this
> time, so you'll have the list the next time you try!

Roger that too, with the help of Google, I found a starting point here:

> http://info.aprs.net/wikka.php?wakka=GaleWilkinson

73

--
Darryl Gibson N2DIY
RLU X 182668/379552

“Arms are the only true badges of liberty. The possession of arms is the
distinction of a free man from a slave.”   --  Andrew Fletcher, A
Discourse of Government with relation to Militias (1698)