[Xastir] Xastir Help (First Time User)

Eric Christensen kf4otn at ericsatcom.net
Sun Nov 5 09:21:12 EST 2006

First off... Thanks to those that responded with instructions on getting
to the README file.  I found it and am currently following the
instructions...

Here is the next problem I ran into: I downloaded the source code and am
at the point where I run the bootstrap.  Here is what I get:

Eric Christensen at GXZXG31 ~/src/xastir
$ ./bootstrap.sh
    6) Removing autom4te.cache directory...
    5) Running aclocal...
./bootstrap.sh: line 16: aclocal: command not found
    4) Running autoheader...
./bootstrap.sh: line 19: autoheader: command not found
    3) Running autoconf...
./bootstrap.sh: line 22: autoconf: command not found
    2) Running automake...
./bootstrap.sh: line 26: automake: command not found
    1) Checking for 'mkinstalldirs'... Not Found
       Attempting to copy it from system directories'
***ERROR: Couldn't copy the file***
Bootstrap complete.

I cannot go forward.  Anyone have any ideas about this error?

Thanks,
Eric