[Xastir] Ubuntu 6.06 Boostrap

Darryl Gibson n2diy at losch.net
Mon Nov 6 12:51:10 EST 2006

Jeremy Utley wrote:
> The better solution is to edit your old xastir config file to point to
> /usr/local/share.  The reason for this is:
>
> The Debian/Ubuntu pre-compiled versions are compiled with a
> --prefix=/usr, while self-compiled ones do not specify a prefix - and
> with autoconf, defaults to /usr/local.  So, since you had run the
> precompiled, it wrote it's config file to look at /usr/share/xastir -
> the new self-compiled version doesn't overwrite that config file, but
> tries to use it since it's there, and now that you've removed the
> precompiled, stuff isn't there any more.

Ok, will do.

The only lines I see in xastir.cnf that refer to directories are these:

AUTO_MAP_DIR:/usr/share/xastir/maps
ALERT_MAP_DIR:/usr/share/xastir/Counties
SELECTED_MAP_DIR:/usr/share/xastir/maps
SELECTED_MAP_DATA:config/selected_maps.sys
MAP_INDEX_DATA:config/map_index.sys
SYMBOLS_DIR:/usr/share/xastir/symbols
SOUND_DIR:/usr/share/xastir/sounds
GROUP_DATA_FILE:config/groups
GNIS_FILE:/usr/share/xastir/GNIS/WA.gnis
GEOCODE_FILE:/usr/share/xastir/GNIS/geocode

If that is all the editing I have to do, it is fairly painless, or am I
missing something?

--
Darryl Gibson N2DIY
RLU X 182668/379552

“Arms are the only true badges of liberty. The possession of arms is the
distinction of a free man from a slave.”   --  Andrew Fletcher, A
Discourse of Government with relation to Militias (1698)