[Xastir] Ubuntu 6.06 Boostrap

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Mon Nov 6 13:00:44 EST 2006

On Mon, 6 Nov 2006, Darryl Gibson wrote:

> If that is all the editing I have to do, it is fairly painless, or am I
> missing something?

Taht should be about it.

Another thing you could do is copy the xastir.cnf file to some
special filename that Xastir won't use, wipe out the current
xastir.cnf file, and restart Xastir.  Xastir will create a brand-new
config file and you can then set up Xstir in the way that you like.
It'll be just like you never ran Xastir at all, from that
perspective.

Another trick if someone is having extreme trouble with their
configs is to remove the entire ~/.xastir directory tree and then
restart Xastir.  Xastir will recreate all that it needs there.

Of course with either of these you'll need to set up your callsign
and your interfaces again.  That's why a backup of your earlier file
is nice to have around to look at.

Xastir also keeps up to 3 backups of your xastir.cnf file on-hand,
which are the three most previous versions of your config file.
Each time you manually click on the Save Configs Now! button or each
time you close down Xastir, it'll renumber those files, discarding
the oldest one, and save a new fresh config file.