[Xastir] Cygwin problems

Jason Winningham jdw at eng.uah.edu
Tue Nov 7 19:05:20 EST 2006

On Nov 7, 2006, at 5:00 PM, Steve West-Fisher wrote:

> You can also just not build ImageMagick support, which was the route I
> took.

All this talk about it caused me to dig out the system I'd loaded
with cygwin, and I realize that I didn't have ImageMagick support and
hadn't missed it.  My primary maps are shapefiles and the system
doesn't have the disk space for DOQQs.

On the subject of a precompiled xastir-cygwin binary, is there such a
thing as a static executable for cygwin?  I'm still thinking that
would be the easiest way to distribute binaries on any platform, if
it could be accomplished.

-Jason
kg4wsv