[Xastir] My latest Ubuntu adventures

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Tue Nov 7 20:05:29 EST 2006

On Tue, Nov 07, 2006 at 07:59:48PM -0500, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <stephen.brown75 at gmail.com> flavor, containing:
> Ok awesome, I'll add that in and re-compile now. One thing I forgot to
> mention also was that you will need to have the universe source repositories
> in /etc/apt/sources.list and as always, run sudo apt-get update
> afterwards....
>
> I'm still working on getting a .deb package setup and maybe even a
> repository to host the latest builds. I don't know how far I'll get as I'm
> not a developer, but I'll try :)

Thanks for posting the detailed  Ubuntu install process (all of you who
have contributed).  One of the SAR teams I've on has recently gotten two
laptops with Ubuntu installed on them, and I was planning to install Xastir on
there --- and dreading it.  Since they were planning on handing me one of the
laptops this Thursday, the timing of all this Ubuntu traffic is perfect.