[Xastir] Better and/or Easier Way to Get Xastir on Windows

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Thu Nov 9 01:47:45 EST 2006

On Wed, Nov 08, 2006 at 08:19:12PM -0800, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <archer at eskimo.com> flavor, containing:
> On Wed, 8 Nov 2006, Tom Russo wrote:
>
> > Maybe there was a particular reason for using such tiny default values?  Curt?
> > If there isn't a real reason to make the default value so small, perhaps we
> > should go back to the 640x480 that was the default before then?
>
> Yes.  Specific reasons for it, and I'm the responsible party.
> Aren't CVS logs great?
>
> It went like this:  Tried resizing the window vertically as small as
> it would go.  Xastir segfaulted.   Figured out I could set the
> minimum window sizes to have at least one pixel in the drawing area,
> which would keep it from segfaulting.  The end result is what you
> see now.  A side effect is that the first time it starts up small,
> but I didn't see that at the time.  We could perhaps fix that
> first-time startup size if we have to set sizes in xa_config.c 'cuz
> they're missing in the config file.

Hmmm.  The get_long function has a minimum, maximum, and default value.
At the moment, the default value is set to the minimum for both
SCREEN_HEIGHT and SCREEN_WIDTH, and that's the value that's used at startup.

So if I understand what you're saying there, all that's necessary is to
change the defaults (fourth parameter) back to 640 and 480 and leave the
minimum where it is.  According to the commit logs you changed both at the
same time, but changing only the minimum might have been sufficient to fix the
segfaults you were addressing.