[Xastir] Better and/or Easier Way to Get Xastir on Windows

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Thu Nov 9 10:18:58 EST 2006

On Thu, 9 Nov 2006, Dan Brown wrote:

> I'll take this moment to put forward the idea that I think putting
> something minimal up, besides the grey background, even if it isn't
> anything but a splash screen with an Xastir logo and an arrow pointing
> generally towards the File->Configure menu, would be good.  I think some
> sort of world map might be better, but I know there are valid questions
> about where to get something freely available and redistributable.  I just
> think that having something there, out of the box, would at least say
> "Xastir is working!" to new users.

Default maps have been discussed several times before.  Luckily now
_you_ can do something about it.  ;-)

I'll try to find time to look into the default-size-at-startup
problem.  That's the first thing to solve here.

Let's discuss the default maps, what type of map to use, how to get
the proper library support compiled in, what Xastir distributions
need to have the default map, etc.  Any suggestions?