Where to get help Re: [Xastir] Better and/or Easier Way to Get Xastir on Windows

Jeremy Utley jerutley at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 17:09:29 EST 2006

On 11/9/06, Tom Russo <russo at bogodyn.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 09, 2006 at 01:12:28PM -0600, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <jdw at eng.uah.edu> flavor, containing:
> >
> > On Nov 9, 2006, at 11:03 AM, Curt, WE7U wrote:
> >
> > >Either that, or kill the forums and direct people to the
> > >list instead.
> >
> > I second this motion.  I vastly prefer email, and I won't do both a
> > forum and email; too much trouble.
>
> [lights torch and grabs rusty farm implements] Kill it!

There are some advantages to forum-based support rather than
mailing-list based support.  With a mailing list, you have to get
yourself subscribed, hope your provider's anti-spam measures don't
treat the mailing list as spam, post your question, and deal with
whatever noise there is on the list until you get your answer (if you
get a good answer - not usually a problem on ths list, but I know of
plenty other "support" lists where 75% of the requests for help are
ignored).  Not to mention poorly configured lists that send replies in
private rather than the list *grins*

With most web forum software, you can easily set it to notify you of
responds to your inquiry.  Then, once you have your answer, you never
*have* to go back again.

Jeremy