[Xastir] Better and/or Easier Way to Get Xastir on Windows

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Fri Nov 10 17:02:30 EST 2006

On Fri, Nov 10, 2006 at 01:57:00PM -0800, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <archer at eskimo.com> flavor, containing:
> On Fri, 10 Nov 2006, Tom Russo wrote:
>
> > I'd appreciate folks trying it out, because while it *should* just build
> > everywhere due to the simplicity of the library, I have only tested it on
> > one platform.
>
> The only thing I saw so far was a few warnings in the Shapelib code:
>
>   shpopen.c:184: warning: rcsid defined but not used
>
>   shptree.c:89: warning: rcsid defined but not used
>
>   dbfopen.c: In function DBFWriteAttribute:
>   dbfopen.c:1094: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned
>   dbfopen.c:1112: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned
>   dbfopen.c: At top level:
>   dbfopen.c:208: warning: rcsid defined but not used

Nod.  Do you not see those when you build it the normal way?

We could, of course, fix shapelib code to eliminate warnings if we want.  I
did not consider doing so to be part of my mission statement.  Those rcsid
things are typical in code that tries to jam CVS tags into strings, which is
a somewhat old-fashioned thing to do (it lets you check internal versioning
stuff using "strings", but modern compilers dislike it).