[Xastir] Better and/or Easier Way to Get Xastir on Windows

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Fri Nov 10 17:06:27 EST 2006

On Fri, 10 Nov 2006, Tom Russo wrote:

> Nod.  Do you not see those when you build it the normal way?

More than likely, but I only do that once every few years per
machine.  This compile I'll be doing nearly all the time to test
things out.  Which reminds me, I need to add it to the
RECURSION_TESTS script.

> We could, of course, fix shapelib code to eliminate warnings if we want.  I
> did not consider doing so to be part of my mission statement.  Those rcsid
> things are typical in code that tries to jam CVS tags into strings, which is
> a somewhat old-fashioned thing to do (it lets you check internal versioning
> stuff using "strings", but modern compilers dislike it).

Little things like that we'll fix over time.

Anyone tried it on MacOSX yet?  Cygwin?

BTW:  I looked into the WORLDHI.MAP file.  It lists WU2Z in there,
which I think is one of the Sproul brothers.  Anyone care to ask
them if we could use it?

Otherwise we can find other suitable sources, and now they can be
Shapefiles.  The one on APRSWorld is a bit large, but nice.  The
text also says it is NAD27 datum, whereas we want NAD83 or WGS84.
At that scale it probably doesn't matter though.