[Xastir] Course & Speed problem

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Sat Nov 11 14:30:42 EST 2006

On Fri, 10 Nov 2006, Jay Hurt wrote:

> I noticed that the last time I was mobile my station icon did not rotate to
> indicate my direction of travel.  My beacons also did not contain a
> course/speed.  My setup is SuSE 10.1 with CVS from 11/7.  (I have all optional
> libraries installed except for gpsman and also have --with-error-popups and
> --with-rtree)  Is this something new?  Does Xastir compute the course/speed or
> does it obtain that from the gps?  Am I correct in assuming the station icon
> didn't rotate because Xastir thinks my course was 000?

Are you talking about the Xastir station that was mobile, or it was
watching another station of yours that was?  Two different sets of
solutions based on that.  I think it's the latter.

If it was watching your other station, then you need to click on the
station settings that tell it to rotate the icon and to display the
course & speed.

If it was the Xastir station that was mobile then you need to pick
one of the sentence types in configure->Defaults that corresponds to
a mobile station.  If you don't, Xastir won't send out a
course/speed, and won't rotate your icon 'cuz it doesn't decode a
course number.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer