[Xastir] Course & Speed problem

Jay Hurt n0xvb at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 10 22:39:45 EST 2006

I noticed that the last time I was mobile my station icon did not rotate to
indicate my direction of travel.  My beacons also did not contain a
course/speed.  My setup is SuSE 10.1 with CVS from 11/7.  (I have all
optional libraries installed except for gpsman and also have
--with-error-popups and --with-rtree)  Is this something new?  Does Xastir
compute the course/speed or does it obtain that from the gps?  Am I correct
in assuming the station icon didn't rotate because Xastir thinks my course
was 000?
Thanks
Jay
73 de N0XVB
"If you think dogs can't count, try putting three dog biscuits in your
pocket and then giving Fido only two of them."  Phil Pastoret
Hardware, n:  the parts of a computer system that can be repaired with a
hammer.