[Xastir] Better and/or Easier Way to Get Xastir on Windows

Tom Robson, ve7did ve7did at dccnet.com
Sun Nov 12 12:58:03 EST 2006

Just tried cvs update -d update.   I have shapefiles installed (for years).
Using Slack 9.1

Last cvs update was done Nov 2, 2006
Nothing has changed! (I don't think)

Following errors  with cvs update -d   OR  cvs update

va7gq at va7gq:~/xastir$ cvs update -d
cvs update: cannot rewrite CVS/Entries.Backup: Permission denied
cvs update: cannot rewrite CVS/Entries.Backup: Permission denied
cvs update: cannot rewrite CVS/Entries.Backup: Permission denied
cvs update: cannot rewrite CVS/Entries.Backup: Permission denied
cvs update: cannot rewrite CVS/Entries.Backup: Permission denied
cvs update: cannot rewrite CVS/Entries.Backup: Permission denied
? config/install-exec-hook
? src/compiledate.c
cvs update: Updating .
cvs update: Updating Davis
cvs update: Updating Davis/src
cvs update: Updating LaCrosse
cvs update: Updating LaCrosse/autom4te.cache
cvs update: Updating LaCrosse/src
cvs update: Updating callpass
cvs update: Updating config
cvs update: Updating help
cvs update: Updating intl
cvs update: Updating m4
cvs update: Updating po
cvs update: Updating scripts
cvs update: Updating src
cvs update: cannot rewrite CVS/Entries.Backup: Permission denied
cvs update: Updating src/Davis
cvs update: cannot rewrite CVS/Entries.Backup: Permission denied
cvs update: Updating src/Davis/src
cvs update: Updating src/callpass
cvs update: Updating src/rtree
cvs update: cannot rewrite CVS/Entries.Backup: Permission denied
cvs update: Updating src/shapelib
cvs update: cannot rewrite CVS/Entries.Backup: Permission denied
cvs update: cannot rewrite CVS/Entries.Backup: Permission denied
cvs update: Updating src/shapelib/contrib
cvs update: cannot rewrite CVS/Entries.Backup: Permission denied
cvs update: Updating src/shapelib/contrib/doc
cvs update: Updating src/shapelib/contrib/tests
cvs update: Updating symbols
cvs update: cannot remove src/shapelib/contrib/tests: Permission denied
cvs [update aborted]: cannot open src/shapelib/contrib/CVS: Permission denied
va7gq at va7gq:~/xastir$

Here is the result of last part of   ./configure

config.status: creating src/rtree/Makefile
config.status: creating src/shapelib/Makefile
config.status: error: cannot find input file: src/shapelib/Makefile.in

...73 Tom

collision of the <russo at bogodyn.org> flavor, containing: