[Xastir] Better and/or Easier Way to Get Xastir on Windows

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Mon Nov 13 09:54:28 EST 2006

On Mon, Nov 13, 2006 at 07:40:28AM -0700, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <russo at bogodyn.org> flavor, containing:
> On Mon, Nov 13, 2006 at 07:47:33AM -0600, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <jdw at eng.uah.edu> flavor, containing:
> >
> > Just did another cvs update and tried again.  noticed that we're
> > using a library instead of linking 'em in.
> >
> > Still no joy.  looks like something is missing in the link paths:
>
> Argh.  Yeah, testawk needs shapelib linked in and I didn't set the makefile to
> do that.  Lemme fix it.

Fixed in CVS.  I had forgotten to add a "testawk_LDADD" line to
src/Makefile.am to force the local shapelib into the link phase.

Why this didn't fail when I was testing this is another question.  I think it
might be that the link picked up the routines in GDAL with identical names,
which is a scary thought.  As long as those internal routines in GDAL are
always compatible with the same functions in shapelib (they are identical right
now) it should be ok, but if they ever diverge then we'll be in the same boat
as we were with libgeotiff, as Curt mentioned at the beginning of all this.

Fortunately shapelib is very stable and is unlikely to be changed much, while
the geotiff issues were a relic from back when the old libgeotiff needed to
monkey with private interfaces of the tiff library, and was very sensitive.