[Xastir] Re: Installing on Ubuntu 6.10

John Ronan jronan at tssg.org
Tue Nov 14 11:53:37 EST 2006

On 14 Nov 2006, at 15:09, Curt, WE7U wrote:

> On Tue, 14 Nov 2006, Tom Russo wrote:
>
>> I'll reformat this to leave out the work-in-progress bits and put
>> it on the wiki
>> later today.
>
> VERY cool!
>
> So...  Next step:  Anyone working on a VMWare install of this or
> similar?

How about a Ubuntu LiveCD?  I just tested the one I made last week
and it was too big.. so I had to dump something else of the CD and re-
make it, believe it or not, it actually worked :)

I'm uploading the new version at the moment its got about 10 minutes
or so to go before its there
http://ireland.aprs2.net/xastir

Bearing in mind I had difficulty before with my first attempt at
6.10, in light of Tom's extra work, I'll try making a boot CD again
tomorrow morning (hell, I' might try it fro home if herself is
watching TV), build it from Ubuntu 6.10 and CVS.

Would that do for a start?
de John
EI7IG

--