[Xastir] shape lib problems

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Wed Nov 15 09:06:07 EST 2006

On Tue, 14 Nov 2006, Jeremy Utley wrote:

> The main reason for including shapelib by default is so we can have a
> shapelib-based map come up right from the very start.

Well, at this point the main reason is to have weather alerts from
the start, but it still requires the user to run the get-NWSdata
script (to download and install the NOAA data files) in order to
make that functional.

We have a default map in the distribution now but it's a WinAPRS
map, created by Keith Sproul.  I would have liked a Shapefile map in
there but didn't find one I liked that was small enough to add to
the distribution.  If we come across one later we can add it easily
enough though.