[Xastir] Path for sending objects

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Mon Nov 27 05:57:40 EST 2006

On Sun, 26 Nov 2006, Eric Christensen wrote:

> Is there a way to modify the path in which certain objects are sent?  I
> have a few objects that it where it would be good to just have them sent
> out locally instead of the default path.

The only way I know of would be to inject the objects periodically
with xastir_udp_client.  I'd have to think how that'd work though.
If you send them from the same callsign then Xastir will "adopt"
them, but I don't know if it'll transmit them out with the original
path or with the default path.  I think the default path.

If you send them from a different callsign then you may be able to
set Xastir up to gate them.  I'm unclear at the moment as to whether
you'll be able to gate them to all interfaces though, or just the
internet interfaces.

Another option would be to inject them into the TCP server port.
Again, not clear as to whether you could get that to go out the RF
interfaces.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer