[Xastir] Path for sending objects

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Mon Nov 27 09:42:30 EST 2006

On Sun, 26 Nov 2006, Eric Christensen wrote:

> Is there a way to modify the path in which certain objects are sent?  I
> have a few objects that it where it would be good to just have them sent
> out locally instead of the default path.

I answered this early this morning after our power came back, but I
don't think the e-mail made it out of my machine before I switched
off the internet.  Oh well.  We had other things on our minds at the
time (like keeping warm, watching the snow-laden boughs arc against
the power lines, etc).

There's no way in Xastir itself to do it.  You could perhaps send
via something else, like a Perl script connected to Xastir's TCP
port 2023, or use xastir_udp_client from a script.

You'd have to set Xastir up to gateway to RF, and perhaps have it
see the echo from the servers 'cuz I don't recall there being a path
through the code for port 2023 IN (either TCP or UDP) and RF OUT.

Also, if you send from the same callsign as Xastir itself, Xastir
will adopt the object and start sending it with it's default path.
Send from another SSID to avoid that.