[Xastir] Igate problem

Chris Moulding chrism at crosscountrywireless.co.uk
Mon Nov 27 09:44:38 EST 2006

Hi,

I've set up Xastir as an Igate and I'm having a few problems trying to
get the messaging from internet to  RF to work even though I've selected
the "Allow RF>Inet  and  Inet>RF" button.

Beacons and messages from local stations received via my TNC are being
sent to the internet OK with a qAo tag. Beacons from my Igate are being
sent to the internet with a qAC tag.  The passcode is correctly set.

Local stations are not receiving anything sent to them from the internet
to RF.  There are no status or Igate messages recorded from the Igate.
See http://www.db0anf.de/hamweb/aprsdb/showdata/MB7UBN/shdigiusers

My version of Xastir is 1.7.1 downloaded as a Debian binary and is
running on Ubuntu Linux. The callsign of the Igate is MB7UBN which is a
notice of variation to my existing amateur licence, G4HYG.

Can anyone help me out with this? My station is acting as the APRS Igate
for the local Raynet (amateur radio emergency comms) group and this
problem is seriously hampering attempts to use APRS to it's full potential.

73's

Chris, G4HYG

--
Chris Moulding