[Xastir] Install Problems with CentOS

Eric Christensen kf4otn at ericsatcom.net
Tue Nov 28 21:26:42 EST 2006

So I thought that CentOS would be close enough to Fedora to use those
instructions.  So I followed these instructions,
http://www.xastir.org/wiki/index.php/HowTo:Fedora, to install Xastir.
Ran into a couple of problems...

First, I attempted to install libgeotiff.  I could never get the "make"
to work.  I kept getting the following error:
make: autoconf: Command not found
make: *** [configure] Error 127

I was able to "make" in the previous steps just not this one.

My second problem was with getting the Xastir files from SourceForge.
When I used CVS and hit "enter" at the "CVS password" prompt nothing
would happen.

Anyone have any ideas for me on these problems, please?

73s,
Eric KF4OTN