[Xastir] newby got himself in trouble

mike sullivan albinoaardvark at sbcglobal.net
Sat Oct 7 09:59:58 EDT 2006

Running Kubuntu on a 1 ghz HP and doing well enough. Also have a WinXP
    box. With CD's given by a friend I had been trying to run UIView. Had
    problems there. Feeling confidant enough to try in Linux so enter my
    foray with Xastir. Last night I  finally got it running and displaying
    information. Got tiger maps up and running and then tackled getting an
    internet server configured. WOW ! information was flying of the net and
    my screen was rapidly becoming unreadable. Made some changes to the
    display. And at some point I lost all the info. I still have my tiger
    map display but don't even have my icon showing. Is there some command I
    can use, say from a terminal ?, to set things to a default state ?
    Thanks Mike WN5PMR
    San Antonio, TX