[Xastir] VNC

Robbie, wa9inf mwrobertson at comcast.net
Wed Oct 18 15:31:29 EDT 2006

Hi,

I am thinking it has something to do with my changing
localhost.localdomain to fc5 for the name of the computer for the LAN???
I just didn't like that long prompt when I am in sh..  Was that a mistake?

When I start vncserver, it reports back, "New `fc5:1 (robbie)' Desktop
is fc5:1"

Then it says it is starting the application specified in startup and
where the fc5 log file is...

I tried several port numbers with the IP address and the Name of the
host to no avail...

It would appear that it is not a problem with xastir, Fedora, or VNC,
its just something stupid I did since each thing you guys have pointed
is there...

Robbie