[Xastir] LAN printer

Robbie, wa9inf mwrobertson at comcast.net
Sat Oct 21 13:20:52 EDT 2006

Hi,

Anyone have experience with the HP LaserJet 4 Plus with a NIC installed?

Other PCs on the LAN has no problems, (WinXP), I can telnet to change
parameters ok.. But after numerous tries with Linux Fedora Core 5,
nothing prints. I tried from terminal mode and as root I ran the
hp-setup with same results.

At one time the printer's panel displayed W2 INVALID PERS, and the only
way to clear it, was to restaart the printer. Even with that display,
Win XP could still print with it.. there is no password involved.

Also, I can't find how to remove the print queues after I deleted the
attempted printers.. Each queue has the name of the same printe as I
tried to install, but with a _# incremented :-)  about 4 of them..

Thanks in advance, and I will keep looking as well...

Robbie