[Xastir] LAN printer

Tate - kc7zru kc7zru at kc7zru.net
Sat Oct 21 14:53:28 EDT 2006

Hey Robbie,

Just so happens I just put one of these online for our help desk group
at work (yea, they get all the 'good' stuff. Me? I got the LJ-IIID w00t!
It's mine, all mine no one else's just me!! I don't even have to share
with myself if I don't want to. Bwahahahaa!).

I don't remember the 4 having a web/telnet interface, but wasn't really
looking for one either. The EIO menu is used to set the NIC's parameters
via the printer's control panel. Then you point your print que to an HP
JetDirect (port 9100) at the IP you configured on the printer. Least
that's how we did it, works great.

The INVALID PERS usually, but not always, means you tried to use a Post
Script driver on a printer that only speaks PCL. Or versa vica.

Good luck to ya!

73