Resolved [Xastir] Xastir, D700, and 9.6k

David Flood davidf4 at mindspring.com
Sat Oct 21 22:54:14 EDT 2006

OK, after many suggestions and to avoid a full reset (something I'm not
quite ready to do), I took a second look at the special Kenwood command mode
and got things to work.  So here's my tnc-startup.d700.9600   I'll write up
a readme to go with it later.

# $Id: tnc-startup.d700,v 1.6 2005/01/08 09:19:32 we7u Exp $
#
# Copyright (C) 2004-2005  The Xastir Group
#
# TNC Init file for KENWOOD D700
#
# NOTE:  TXD on a D700A is fixed at 500ms (1/2 second) in "APRS"
# mode.  In "packet" mode we can change the txd to other values.
#
#
#Don't send CONTROL-C before this line
##META <no-ctrl-c>
TC 1
##Pause for one second
##META <delay>
##META <delay>
# Turn off APRS mode beaconing now so we don't beacon an old position when
we exit packet mode
# NOTE: you will have to manually turn beaconing back on if you leave this
command enabled
##META <no-ctrl-c>
BCN 0
##Pause for one second
##META <delay>
##META <delay>
#Put the TNC in packet mode since this is where we want to end up
# Change the 1 to 0 to go to normal radio mode
##META <no-ctrl-c>
TNC 2
# Pause for two seconds
##META <delay>
##META <delay>
##META <delay>
##META <delay>
#Force 9600 baud packet
##META <no-ctrl-c>
PKSA 1
##Pause for one second
##META <delay>
##META <delay>
# Enable 4800 baud GPS
# Change to 2 for 9600 baud GPS
# Disable both the META line and the GU line for no change
##META <no-ctrl-c>
GU 1
# Pause for two seconds
##META <delay>