[Xastir] Compiling from source error

Stephen Brown Jr stephen.brown75 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 24 22:16:22 EDT 2006

Well I'm still fighting an uphill battle, I downloaded the latest
STABLE release from CVS and it is still failing without imagemagic
support, however, I did manage to get Imagemagick installed and it
compiled correctly after that.

I now have a new set of problems which are related to the app itself
(I think). When it comes up, I get a lot of messages in the terminal
window that look like this:

Warning:
    Name: create_appshell text_output
    Class: XmTextField
    Character '\114' not supported in font.  Discarded.

My biggest problem is that when I go to file->configure->station to
set things up, it doesn't appear to be saving any of my information. I
did select save config now as well and it didn't make a difference.
Also for whatever reason, I can not get the symbol I selected to show
up either.

I am really lost/frustrated at this point, but I am determined to get
this compiled from source as I want this to be a learning experience,
so any help will certainly be appreciated :)

Stephen
N1VLV