[Xastir] Compiling from source error

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Wed Oct 25 00:58:02 EDT 2006

On Tue, 24 Oct 2006, Stephen Brown Jr wrote:

> Well I'm still fighting an uphill battle, I downloaded the latest
> STABLE release from CVS and it is still failing without imagemagic
> support, however, I did manage to get Imagemagick installed and it
> compiled correctly after that.

The fixes to CVS today didn't fix the problem you were having with
ImageMagick, and couldn't.  Also, I didn't update the STABLE tag
after making the change.  I usually don't until the code has had
some runtime under its belt and I know it's truly stable.

Most people that want to keep up with the developers don't use tags.
What you downloaded later today wasn't the latest.

The fixes today solved this problem and this problem only:  A system
doesn't have all the files for ImageMagick support to be compiled
in.  It does however have the correct files to compile in XPM
support.  map_geo.c needed a couple of ifdef's added around some
ImageMagick-specific code so that the XPM support would compile in
properly.

What most people appear to want is ImageMagick support and either
wget or libcurl support, so they can use the online maps.  By adding
the proper ImageMagick header files to your system you eventually
got that added in.  The fix I did today didn't affect that one iota.

> My biggest problem is that when I go to file->configure->station to
> set things up, it doesn't appear to be saving any of my information. I
> did select save config now as well and it didn't make a difference.
> Also for whatever reason, I can not get the symbol I selected to show
> up either.a

You can thank the Linux distributions for going to unicode, which
breaks many many applications out there that uses printf/scanf and
related functions.  The other e-mail in response to your latest
message was the correct fix.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer