[Xastir] Keyboard functions

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Wed Oct 25 12:29:19 EDT 2006

On Wed, 25 Oct 2006, Robbie, wa9inf wrote:

> I have not found any explanations of any keyboard functions yet, are
> there any? :-) Don't know why I can not find them...

Yea.

There.  A question and answer that you can add to the Wiki!  hi hi

There should probably be a mouse & keyboard explanation around
somewhere.  Some people have two-button mice and haven't enabled the
third-button emulation in X-windows, or run on other OS'es that
don't support it.

As far as keyboard functions, they have to be written in a form
where they are understandable on different operating systems.  For
instance the menu activation buttons are Alt-<letter> on Linux, but
may be different on Windows/MacOSX/Solaris.

The keys of interest though are (from memory):

Arrow keys       - Panning
PageUp/Down keys - Zoom out/in
Space            - Active a menu option
Tab/Back-Tab     - Move between dialog options
Alt-<letter>     - Activate menus and menu options

Left mouse button         - Select, draw zoom-in boxes
Right mouse button        - Right mouse menu
Middle mouse button click - Draw CAD objects
Middle mouse click        - Zoom out by 2
Mouse scroll button       - Moves up/down in some dialogs, also can
                            pan up/down with it.

If someone would like to add those to the Wiki and/or the docs, feel
free.  It needs to be done.

I probably forgot a few things too.  main.c:da_input() and
main.c:Mouse_button_handler() are probably good places to start in
the code to find what I missed.

BTW:  If you compile in rtree and are using Shapefile maps,
scrolling maps up/down via the scroll button or zooming in/out via
the keys or the mouse is very fast!  At least if you're zoomed in a
bit.