[Xastir] Uptime: 160 days

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Wed Oct 25 13:06:58 EDT 2006

On Wed, 25 Oct 2006, Curt, WE7U wrote:

> pthreads already take up one
> signal on Linux, plus snapshots on demand take up another.  Yes, we
> do have snapshots on demand already!

Before you ask, here's the code from main.c:

  /*
     Added by KB4AMA
     Handle USR1 signal.  This will cause
     a snapshot to be generated.
  */
  #ifndef OLD_PTHREADS
  void usr1sig(int sig) {
      if (debug_level & 512)
          fprintf(stderr, "Caught Signal USR1, Doing a snapshot!
  Signal No %d\n", sig);

      last_snapshot = 0;
      (void)Snapshot();
  }
  #endif  // OLD_PTHREADS

So... If you're not running a really old pthread implementation, you
should be able to send a SIGUSR1 to the Xastir main process and have
it take a snapshot right then.