[Xastir] Open source mapserver

Gerry Creager gerry.creager at tamu.edu
Mon Oct 30 18:21:45 EST 2006

Actually, there's several ways.  Easiest:  take the Xastir output and
drive a database with position and timestamp info, and then plot it on
Mapserver.  Not always what you'd want but it's certainly effective.
Alternative B) is to download AE5PL's JavAPRSsrvr code... the stuff that
drives the APRS-IS... and use its database section to fill the database,
and plot the output directly.  I may implement some of that soon, if I
can get some spare cycles.

Look at the info on WMS-based radar in Xastir.  That's presented using
Mapserver.

gerry