[Xastir] strange stuff on stdout

Jason Winningham jdw at eng.uah.edu
Fri Sep 1 10:51:53 EDT 2006

On Sep 1, 2006, at 9:43 AM, Curt, WE7U wrote:

> On Fri, 1 Sep 2006, Jason Winningham wrote:
>
>> Is there an RDF format other than standard DF packets?  Yeah, I could
>> look in the spec, but I'm lazy today.

>     "%136.0/8/158.0" (That last number is magnetic bearing)

I haven't seen one with the magnetic bearing.  Is that magnetic to the
target or magnetic orientation of the antenna array?

I have seen the bearing/quality, and I've even put together a PIC that
reads 4 inputs (like the demux inputs on the DDF in the book
"TRANSMITTER HUNTING: Radio Direction Finding Simplified") and spits
out %xxx/5 on a serial port (quality is fixed).

-Jason
kg4wsv