[Xastir] Census 2004 Shapefiles/dbfawk question

Ryan Butler rbutler at tsss.org
Sun Sep 3 14:41:54 EDT 2006

Ok,

So I've been messing with the 2004 Tigerline shapefiles and the
tiger.dbfawk and tigerpoly.dbfawk files included with Xastir.  I'm
currently using the online tigermap server and like how it looks, but
hate how long it takes to load.

My question is,  does the shapefile not include the county and city
boundary shapes in the shapefiles?  I figured they'd be the
jurisdictional boundaries or map edges (for each count) but I can't seem
to get them displayed.

Has anyone got the outlines of city and county boundaries to show up?
If so could you tell me how?

Thanks

Ryan Butler, KB0JQO