[Xastir] Mac and libdb

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Sun Sep 3 21:56:56 EDT 2006

On Sun, 3 Sep 2006, Chip G. wrote:

> I have libdb (fink says db43-ssl) installed. It appears to be in the /
> sw/ directory (where fink installs all it's stuff). But when I do a
> build for Xastir it says I don't have libdb (the description of which
> matches what I have installed). So how do I tell Xastir where to look
> for the appropriate pieces?

First, do you have the include headers installed for db43 as well?
You'll need those.

There should be some configure switches you can add that will help
Xastir to find the packages.  I don't run a Mac, but there should be
people on here who can help with that specific part of it.  It
should be something like this:

  ./configure --with-motif-includes --with-motif-libraries

Only with dblib or libdb or something in there instead of motif.
That's assuming Xastir has support for those flags built into
configure.  I don't know for sure whether that's the case.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer