[Xastir] Mac and libdb

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Sun Sep 3 22:26:02 EDT 2006

On Sun, Sep 03, 2006 at 06:56:56PM -0700, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <archer at eskimo.com> flavor, containing:
> On Sun, 3 Sep 2006, Chip G. wrote:
>
> > I have libdb (fink says db43-ssl) installed. It appears to be in the /
> > sw/ directory (where fink installs all it's stuff). But when I do a
> > build for Xastir it says I don't have libdb (the description of which
> > matches what I have installed). So how do I tell Xastir where to look
> > for the appropriate pieces?
>
> First, do you have the include headers installed for db43 as well?
> You'll need those.
>
> There should be some configure switches you can add that will help
> Xastir to find the packages.
[...]
>   ./configure --with-motif-includes --with-motif-libraries

> Only with dblib or libdb or something in there instead of motif.

configure --with-bdb-incdir=/sw/include/wherever/db43/includes/live \
           --with-bdb-libdir=/sw/lib/wherever/db43/libs/live

This isn't in any of the FAQs, but it is in the configure help:
  configure --help
   [...]
  Optional Packages:
   [...]
    --with-bdb-libdir=DIR   Berkeley DB lib files are in DIR
    --with-bdb-incdir=DIR   Berkeley DB include files are in DIR