[Xastir] Some observations with the recent CVS release

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Wed Sep 6 11:20:54 EDT 2006

On Tue, 5 Sep 2006, Andreas Junge, N6NU wrote:

> I hit the "Trace Query" button in the "Station Info" dialog.

Ok, that's a specific query (query to a specific station) so should
go through the igate.

> If I do it on the instance that is connected to the TNC, it will send
> the packet via RF and if I do it on the network connected instance
> nothing will happen. I can send general messages from both instances
> just fine.

Define "network connected instance".  Do you have one Xastir hooked
to the network port of another, or two Xastir sessions running one
serving as an igate, both connected to the INET directly?  Yes,
there's a difference.  Xastir treats the X_spider server ports as
TNC ports, and doesn't gate between TNC's.  It doesn't consider the
X_spider ports to be INET connections.