[Xastir] Xastir & Google Earth

Gerry Creager gerry.creager at tamu.edu
Wed Sep 6 12:12:51 EDT 2006

There appear to be some restrictions placed on folks using Google Earth
for tracking-system like applications such as Xastir.  I've got an
action to take this up with Google as soon as I can add it to a
reasonable agenda.  I'm really hoping they're going to be at the Open
Geospatial Consortium meeting in Tyson's Corner VA in early October.
I'd rather do this as an in-person discussion than a cold-call.  If
they're not at that meeting, I've a con-call tentatively with them in
late October.

I apologize for the long lead-time but I've some other things we're
doing with them institutionally that I cannot jeopardize for Ham Radio:-)

gerry