[Xastir] Anyone know about this: GeoServer

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Wed Sep 6 15:26:32 EDT 2006

On Wed, 6 Sep 2006, Jason Winningham wrote:

> So, we'd use WMS to draw maps, GeoServer to display the data on the
> maps, and xastir would be glue and UI front-end?
>
> Just trying to understand how these would fit together...

Start up GeoServer.  Xastir requests maps from GeoServer via WMS (in
a .geo file), GeoServer then goes out to GoogleMaps, snags the data,
creates a .PNG image, and feeds it to Xastir.

Something like that.  We have WMS support in Xastir already, and
I've played with it a bit.  You just create a .geo file describes
the server URL and the layers you want to snag from it.