[Xastir] Deep Breaths

Chip G. n1mie at myeastern.com
Tue Sep 12 20:18:42 EDT 2006

On Sep 10, 2006, at 16:14, Matt Werner wrote:

> I have personal archives of the xastir list dating to Oct 04 (the
> beauty of gmail).
>
> Email me directly with a timeframe to be looking for your email and
> I'll see if I can find it for you.

Thanks for the offer. I was able to work through some of my problems.
Now two of three are having problems.

On one computer I was able to able to get ImageMagick removed and re-
installed using the latest version (6.2.9) rather than the older
version from Fink (6.1.8). I was able to compile that version and
everything seems to be fine. I did note one oddity though (not Xastir
related). I had X Windows running in one account, then I swapped to
another account. When I tried to start X Windows in that account it
opened the windows in the other accounts version of X Windows.
Baffles me. Definitely not what I'd like to see. But that just means
I can't leave X Windows running and let my son (kb1hnq) access Xastir.

On the other computer that was troubling me I had more limited
success. I appeared to have the same success with ImageMagick. And
compilation looked fine (I can send someone the lengthy config.log
file if they like). But when I run Xastir on this machine although it
looks somewhat normal at first, the region where the menu should
appear doesn't draw completely (only where the actual menu words are)
and nothing happens when I click on them. I can get a contextual menu
to appear when I right click, but nothing happens when I select an
item in the list. Actually right now it's not showing any maps or
icons. Also if I launch it from a terminal window I get the following
message "Warning: Cannot find callback list in XtAddCallBack" (which
repeats over and over about 100 times before moving on to "Indexing
Maps" which it appears to do successfully).

Any ideas what component(s) might need to be re-installed?

73,
--de Chip (N1MIE) FN41bn