[Xastir] Mac Map Remembrance Issue

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Fri Sep 15 12:16:13 EDT 2006

On Fri, 15 Sep 2006, Chip G. wrote:

> OK, finally got Xastir running on the third, and final, machine. This
> is my laptop, my main machine (although not necessarily the one which
> will use it most often). It is a MacBook Pro (Intel laptop). I have
> version 1.8.2 installed (CVS).
>
> Here's the problem. Every time I start Xastir it loads ALL available
> maps. I configure it the way I want. When I relaunch I get ALL maps
> again. (gah!) When I look in my console logs I see an entry that says:
>
> > Couldn't create/update map index file: config/map_index.sys
> and
> > Couldn't open file: config/selected_maps.sys
>
> Thoughts?

Is that a completely new install, so that Xastir had to create the
~/.xastir heirarchy in your home directory from scratch?  Let me
know.  In any case, send me (direct) your
~/.xastir/config/xastir.cnf file please.

The problem is in your ~/.xastir/config/xastir.cnf file.  It should
have these entries, but some of yours appear to be blank.  I'd like
to figure out why:

    AUTO_MAP_DIR:/usr/local/share/xastir/maps
    ALERT_MAP_DIR:/usr/local/share/xastir/Counties
    SELECTED_MAP_DIR:/usr/local/share/xastir/maps
    SYMBOLS_DIR:/usr/local/share/xastir/symbols
    SOUND_DIR:/usr/local/share/xastir/sounds