[Xastir] Mac Map Remembrance Issue

Chip G. n1mie at myeastern.com
Fri Sep 15 12:19:52 EDT 2006

On Sep 15, 2006, at 12:09, Chip G. wrote:

> OK, finally got Xastir running on the third, and final, machine.
> This is my laptop, my main machine (although not necessarily the
> one which will use it most often). It is a MacBook Pro (Intel
> laptop). I have version 1.8.2 installed (CVS).
>
> Here's the problem. Every time I start Xastir it loads ALL
> available maps. I configure it the way I want. When I relaunch I
> get ALL maps again. (gah!) When I look in my console logs I see an
> entry that says:
>
>> Couldn't create/update map index file: config/map_index.sys
> and
>> Couldn't open file: config/selected_maps.sys
>
> Thoughts?

Never mind, I found the answer. The problem was that the xastir.cfg
file had only a partial path. When I compared it to the other
computer config files I discovered the problem and corrected it.
Things are working well now. Now the question is how this happened.
Two thoughts.

(1) It occurred when I copied the file from one of the other files.
Seems unlikely as it is just a text file, shouldn't have been
corrupted and the path should be the same between the computers (same
user name).

(2) It occurred on the last update. I periodically will download the
latest CVS release and re-compile. The problem is that when it copies
the files, it sometimes kills existing configuration files. I'd love
to see it a little more friendly in that regard.

73,
--de Chip (N1MIE) FN41bn