[Xastir] Mac Map Remembrance Issue

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Fri Sep 15 12:23:35 EDT 2006

On Fri, 15 Sep 2006, Chip G. wrote:

> (2) It occurred on the last update. I periodically will download the
> latest CVS release and re-compile. The problem is that when it copies
> the files, it sometimes kills existing configuration files. I'd love
> to see it a little more friendly in that regard.

Xastir does keep backup copies of the xastir.cnf file.  You'll see
them in the same directory.  Each time you shut down Xastir or save
the configs it will renumber them and delete the oldest.

I suspect the problem crept in due to code changes.  We changed what
we stored for those values a month or three back, and added code to
convert to the new system.  There's likely a bug there somewhere.