[Xastir] Mac Map Remembrance Issue

Chip G. n1mie at myeastern.com
Fri Sep 15 12:38:11 EDT 2006

On Sep 15, 2006, at 12:23, Curt, WE7U wrote:

> Xastir does keep backup copies of the xastir.cnf file.  You'll see
> them in the same directory.  Each time you shut down Xastir or save
> the configs it will renumber them and delete the oldest.

This I knew. I suppose I could workout some sort of system for
backing these up prior to doing an update just in case they get
whacked in the process.

> I suspect the problem crept in due to code changes.  We changed
> what we stored for those values a month or three back, and added
> code to convert to the new system.  There's likely a bug there
> somewhere.

Wish I could be more help. My code skills are extremely rusty.
Perhaps as time allows I will work on them and help at some point in
the future. What language(s) are used in Xastir? C?

73,
--de Chip (N1MIE) FN41bn