[Xastir] My D700 says "EH?" almost every time it gets a "MYCALL" from xastir! Anyone else?

Wes Johnston, AI4PX wes at kd4rdb.com
Sat Sep 16 07:58:59 EDT 2006

This I get a real kick out of... in the manual they tell you to turn
the power off before unplugging the control head.... yeah right...
there's still 5v going to the control head.  My d700 blew up just
beyond the warranty period and according to kenwood smoke everything
to do with power supplies inside the radio.  They suggested that I
turn the radio off before starting my car.  Ummm "off" isn't powered
down... ummm OK.  The happy ending is that it was the 2nd time it had
happened to that rig (in two different cars ) and they simply send me
another (ie different) radio.

Wes