[Xastir] Fishers Island Mystery

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Mon Sep 18 13:15:11 EDT 2006

On Mon, 18 Sep 2006, Chip G. wrote:

> Please do me a favor. Select "Center & Zoom" from the "Map" menu.
> Enter the following:
>
> Latitude:   41.27251
> Longitude:  -71.9819
> Zoom Level: 125
>
> Then click "Activate". What do you see? Now change "Zoom Level" to 70
> and click "Activate". Now what do you see?
>
> How do I fix this problem?
>
> On one machine this occurs between 92/93, on another at 86/87, the
> third 100/110.

Exactly what problem are you referring to?  I can think of a couple
here, both of which are known.

You're at a UTM zone boundary, so terraserver will only give you one
side or the other as far as maps.

Again, you're at a UTM zone boundary, so if you have the map grid
displayed and you're in UTM or MGRS coordinate systems you'll see
map grid drawing bugs associated with crossing that line.

Which is it you're seeing?