[Xastir] New, Updated box time - which Linux??

Jason Winningham jdw at eng.uah.edu
Wed Sep 20 11:24:31 EDT 2006

On Sep 20, 2006, at 7:36 AM, Gerry Creager N5JXS wrote:

> Oh, no!  Not another Solaris fan!

Well, if you want a tinkering sort of hobby, run linux on a PC.  If you
need something to Just Work, run Solaris on a SPARC box.

Linux does seem to have a better handle on the desktop toys, though.
I've never built Xastir on Solaris, but most of my Solaris boxes are
headless anyway.  It does seem they're making advances on the desktop,
if you consider gnome advancement, that is.

Heyyyyyy, maybe I need to fire up a custom Sunray configuration with a
dozen flat screens creating one virtual screen, then run Xastir on it
to create a wall-sized map.  No practical use around here, but neat to
look at (and brag about)...

-Jason
kg4wsv