[Xastir] ref : New, Updated box time - which Linux??

Jason Winningham jdw at eng.uah.edu
Thu Sep 21 14:43:05 EDT 2006

On Sep 21, 2006, at 12:32 PM, Bennett, Bruce wrote:

> Now: another question - since true serial ports are scarce, are
> USB-to-serial converters the way to go??

is there another choice?

stay away from Belkin adapters.  I've had good luck with Keyspan, and
so far one I've played with that's based on the FTDI chipset has
performed OK.

The big hassle for me is the fact that the device special file name
depends on the order in which the OS decides to enumerate the device,
and that order can change depend on where it's plugged in as well as
other factors.

-Jason
kg4wsv