[Xastir] Locating a station not on the map

Matt Werner kb0kqa at gmail.com
Fri Sep 22 17:17:31 EDT 2006

Today I tried locating a station that has been heard recently (is in
my mobile stations list) but has since expired from the map (is not
longer shown on the map).

Xastir recentered the map to the last known position of the station
even though there was no longer any trace of him on the map.

I'm curious if this would be the desired behavior or if xastir should
be doing something different?  It doesn't seem to makes sense to me to
recenter the map if he's no longer on it....

I was going to file a bug report but then I'm not really sure that
this is a bug.  :)  This is with a recent (last week maybe) CVS
update.

Also, while I'm on the subject, it seems like (to me anyway) it would
make sense to have xastir locate the station after one enters the
callsign and hits enter.  Right now nothing happens when I hit enter -
I need to move the mouse to "locate now" and click.

73 - Matt
KB0KQA