[Xastir] New, Updated box time - which Linux??

Carl Makin carl at stagecraft.cx
Sun Sep 24 00:07:49 EDT 2006

Hi Tom,

On 20/09/2006, at 7:08 AM, Tom Russo wrote:

> Getting xastir to run on FreeBSD is not difficult.  In fact, there
> is even a
> "port" in the ports collection that downloads and builds Xastir 1.8.2
.
> festival, etc.).  I think, though, that the port is set up slightly
> wrong and
> if you ask for "gpsman" support it builds and installs gpsman, but
> doesn't
> install gpsmanshp (which is really what xastir uses) -- but if you
> use the

I don't use gpsman so didn't realise gpsmanshp was a requirement.
I've updated the port so that selecting gpsman now also installs
gpsmanshp. The update is in the FreeBSD ports tree now.  That's the
only change in the port between 1.8.2 and 1.8.2_1 so if people
currently have 1.8.2 installed on FreeBSD then there's no need to
upgrade.

Carl